Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tree Shirt (#12)

No - that's not a typo. Last year our main Christmas tree was tropical themed. I saved the "real" ornaments (ditched the ones I made) in order to have a tree in our tiki room this year.



After putting the ornaments on a new mini tree, I determined that I didn't want to use a hula skirt underneath it, as I had done that with the big tree the year previous. I asked BT - what could I use as a tree skirt under this little tropical tree? Without hesitating, he answered - a Hawaiian shirt. Have I mentioned recently that I completely adore this man?



So I found a kid's tropical print shirt at the thrift store
today for $1.29. Actually I found a few of them - some were even the brands you usually only can buy in Hawaii. I guess shirts are one of those things, like mugs, that people feel they have to buy on their trip to the islands, and then end up ditching soon after. Keep sending 'em our way!



Mele Kalikimaka (again!)

5 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

FABULOUS !!! Love this absoutely adorable.

Anonymous said...

My husband has a huge Hawaiian shirt collection, he would love to see one under the tree.

Shabby in the City said...

Nice blog! Cute Hawaiian tree idea too.

Coleen said...

That is such a great idea! I never would've come up with that...

Barb said...

I always look for aloha shirts at thrift stores for the fabric. I once bought some really expensive Reyn Spooner shirts (new) for gifts one year (same shirt with tikis, four different guys). I still LOVE that shirt design, but every one of the guys seemed ho-hum about it. Sigh...
Where we live, hawaiian shirts will always be in style.