Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sweet Treats (#7)

For BT's employees - Chewy ginger cookies dipped in royal icing and sprinkled with candied ginger



The oh-so-cute tins are from JoAnn's. The extra thick felt trees were 3 for $1 at Michaels. I added their names with dimensional fabric paint (i.e. 80s-esque puffy paint). Don't worry - BT's company gives them bonuses, so you don't have to worry that these people work their arses off all year for a lousy tin of cookies.



And for my co-workers - kind of a last minute jobbie. I had some left over boxes from last year's treats for BT's employees, who are all women - so they are, admittedly, a little girly for my co-workers, who are all men. We work for the government, so alas all they can look forward to is a lousy box of candy. Que sera...

I decided to make an old (easy) favorite - Church Stain Glass Windows Candy



I'm pretty sure that there is no easier candy to make than this one. That's what I need this week - easy!!

12 comments:

Felt Club said...

Yay! Your holiday posts are inspiring the heck outta me. Thanks much!!

And I am so jealous of your peppermint-stripe string. I can't find that stuff ANYwhere!

Sarah and Jack said...

Man, those tins are CUTE! I haven't been in Joanns enough this year I think. (I hate waiting in line there, Jack goes insane, lol.)

cristina said...

love the tins! and puff paint - ooh way to bring it back!

Coleen said...

those look sooooo yummy! I wish I could find cute tins like that!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow,love that stained glass candy!!!The oldest babe and I must try it!!!

Miss13 said...

If you don't mind, could you give up the recipe for the chewy ginger cookies ? and icing ?? Those look so good I'd really like to try them ^_^

Pretty please with royal icing on top ?

Barb said...

I have a great recipe for Ginger Cookies too that I was just thinking I should post. Geez, I should start a foodie blog. I have never seen the stained glass candy! Wish I had known about it for Thanksgiving. I will definitely try this one. Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Oh, sure - the recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Molasses-
Cookies/Detail.aspx except I used butter-flavored Crisco instead of butter. I had made ginger cookies one other time, and found that shortening or oil helps with the cracking effect. The crystallized ginger was from Trader Joe's. For the icing I used Wilton's meringue powder (at Michael's) instead of egg whites, and I just followed their recipe.

And Jenny - I totally forgot to give a shout out to Cerri over at Little Pink Studio for the red and white string! She has the cutest little pink candy canes wrapped in the twine over in her etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=80160

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I was going to request the recipe too! I almost bought a ton of those tins last week, seeing them here is making me wistful for what could have been....

Felt Club said...

Thanks for the tip, I bought two of the candy canes-- so cute!!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I made some stained glass candy,soooooo easy and delicious! Thanx!!

leslie said...

love those cookies! i would like the recipe too.