Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas to Me (#3)

I feel like a real heel this year. I did not send anything to some of the most important people in my lives - you guys!

Some of you were more on the ball with things and less selfish than moi. I received the most lovely cards and gifts from some of my favorite people! Now you will think I am just saying this, but it's true - I am planning on sending New Year's Wishes to you. I was planning this all along, but by not stating it previously, it seems like I am just playing CMA...

On to the goodies - First was this lovely package from Shanna



Some tropical coasters and vintage holiday ribbon. Honestly, I don't know how this woman always manages to find this wonderful stuff! She must have the mother lode of all thrift stores in her neck of the woods. Thank you, Shanna!

Then, from Patricia, a wonderful package of things she had previously used to celebrate a White Trash Christmas. Well, I don't see anything trashy about these fun goodies! Look at these too cute bottlecap ornaments


(nice cord - sorry about that)

She even made a little felt mouse one! I tell you, I squealed with delight upon seeing these. She also sent some can koozies she makes for parties (including a "Ghetto Fabulous" party - that idea is officially lifted, Patricia),



and some of her husband's spice rub for our beer butt chicken. I love everything!

And then, from Barb - an Aloha dishtowel calendar



I tell you - this woman must have E.S.P. I was just wondering the other day if I would get a dishtowel calendar again this year. My 2006 calendar source, Funktion Home, does not appear to be selling the 2007 of their dishtowel calendar (or it is already sold out - dunno). But this one is just perfect for us! I am really thankful for this wonderful gift!

Thank you all for your lovely gifts, cards, emails, comments, and thoughts. I am really thankful to be part of this community, and look forward to more crafty adventures with you in the New Year! You guys ROCK!

2 comments:

Felt Club said...

Ha! Those beercan koozies are hilarious!

BTW I have a spanking-new blog! Hope you like!

http://sewdarncute.typepad.com

Barb said...

Yay, so glad you like it, Jen. I see you shifted to beta. I had this template on another blog (I really liked it too) but I couldn't get permalinks. Seems to work for you though. I still haven't done the blog switch, and now I guess the original beta is no longer available. Not sure when I'll change to what they're offering now.