Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Holiday Greetings (#16)

I can finally cross one thing off my to do list - the Christmas cards are finished!



It's great when you can set up a production line to complete a project. It's fun to get all of the components ready, and then work in stages to get the individual cards done.



You can probably tell from the picture, but here is a breakdown of how the cards were made:

1) Impress rubber stamped image mounted on rounded squares of red card stock
2) A strip of gingham ribbon and a strip of felt rickrack (from Walmart - love!)
3) Hand cut red felt mitten mounted on adhesive backed tags tied with stitched ribbon
4) Inside printed greeting: cold hands...warm heart - Merry Christmas!
5) Enclosed in Paper Source red envelopes with a stamped heart image on the envelope flap and red border name badge used as mailing label



The benefit of making your own cards is that you don't have to write much - the love is expressed in the time you took to put together the card for the recipient...at least that's my argument.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and so lovingly made. Now I would have stressed big time over getting those done!! I stress over completing my store bought ones, I can only imagine!! I'm sure your recipients will cherish them :)

lucy

Barb said...

Excellent! I was going to make my mine this year, but then I happened upon one from National Wildlife that was too perfect to pass up. Next year, homemade for sure. Yours are really nice. I didn't know you liked to rubber stamp.

Pam said...

What fun cards, and so beautifully made. Thanks for the step by step instructions and the links to where the items can be purchased. I am new to crafting, so learning how to make things, and where to buy supplies is greatly appreciated!

Cristina said...

wow! those look great - i wish i had half the energy you have:)
lucky friends and family you have!

Jane said...

I love red gingham ribbon! Truly a favorite thing! I think you are right about the message being expressed in the art!

Hagit said...

Your cards are beautiful, and finally - someone who thinks like me. I have a terrible time writing cards, and now that I make them, it's even worse - I wonder if people will accept that the love is in the card itself :0)
(Came from Flickr, I think I'm gonna stay ;)

Liz said...

These are GREAT!
I'm with Barb, next year homemade for sure. :}

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so pretty. I bought the this year. Normally i go all out, making them, but then I only get like 1 in return. Even then, they're still in a bag, upstairs, forgotten about.

Anonymous said...

Excellent argument, I get the warm fuzzies any time someone makes me a card, for anything. They are fantastic, and I have a rustic red and white theme going this year, so love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Love how they turned out! That felt rickrack is neato--will have to look for that next time I'm at Wally World. Christmas cards are my next big project, now that the decorating is done. I plan to do the assembly line thing like you did--makes it go so much smoother!

Amy said...

Oh wow! How do you do it all? Those are beautiful.
I want to be like you when I grow up!

Anonymous said...

Too, too cute! I love them!!!

ratichoo said...

Wow! you look so organised! your cards are perfect!

Rebecca said...

These are lovely! Way better than anything I could come up with. :)

elizabeth said...

these are stunning! i need to get on the ball and get mine done and in the mail before my christmas cards become valentine's day cards ;)

leslie said...

love those cards! you are more organized than you think, ours are waiting to be addressed and stamped still!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Love these!