Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

All Aprons - All The Time! (#23)

Yes, folks - this has turned into the apron blog. Four posts in a row about aprons seems a little bit obsessive, but I figured I would just get this post out of the way and you won't have to hear about me and aprons for a while.



Found these at the thrift store for $1.29 each. On their own, they probably wouldn't look very Christmas-y. But hanging next to each other, they collectively will be referred to as Christmas aprons.

I am participating in Coleen's 25 Posts of Christmas, so you'll be hearing a little more than usual from me this month. I'll try to keep it interesting for ya...or I could just talk about these Christmas aprons all month. That would be kind of an interesting experiment - to take an item or an experience and write something different about it every day for a month. You would have to challenge yourself to keep the readers interested in your subject. Hmmm....

Anyway, in the Spirit of Giving, I would like you to have the opportunity to write about these two aprons - once you receive them in the mail. Leave a comment below, and Monday night I will draw a name to see who will be the new owner of the Christmas aprons. I will also make you a recipe tin similar to the one I made for Shanna. This is kind of like one of my Happy Packs, except you know up front what you are going to receive. It's the holidays, folks - none of us have time for guessing games!!

11 comments:

Patricia said...

I had to comment....I loved the recipe cards you made for Shanna, so creative.
I was actually stopping by to see if you had your tree up yet,and any pictures.
Hope you had a great weekend!

Barb said...

Woman, are you insane? As if you don't have enough to do!
I love the recipe cards too.

The aprons look cute hung up together. I suck at any kind of story making, so I'll just say that the red embroidery seems to have a Scandinavan twist (from what I can tell), and I can't really see the green well enough to comment. My computer is too shabby. But it's a thoughtful idea as usual, and I look so forward to swapping with you soon.

Barb said...

Have you considered selling Happy Packs? That might be fun. May as well get paid for your thoughtfulness.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind multiple posts about aprons. I think I have read several lately.
I kind of enjoying posting every day for a week, but I kind of dreaded it too. Maybe I'll join too. I think I may have already skipped a day or two though!

feta33 said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I especially like your themed tables, favors and creative way you package gifts.

jungle dream pagoda said...

What a great idea to have a 25 days of Christmas posting,yeah it would be a challenge!I coincidentally posted my own X-mas aprons this morning!

Anonymous said...

My God when do you sleep? Love. love. love the aprons and the price! And BTW, thanks for the note, I write because I think it helps me, and sometimes I forget that other people read it, and you reading it, that means something. BT's dad crossed my mind at the time, and so many many more like us, left to kind of scrape up the pieces. So thanks.

Emily S said...

I'm a crazy apron lady as well. Love them as Christmas decorations!!

Coleen said...

I love those aprons! I'm so glad you're doing the 25- I'm really trying to do it, it will be a real challenge to find that much to write about :)

Liz said...

I missed this one! Ratz!!

I have been looking for a pattern that you can turn an apron into a tote. Similar to this one.

http://www.nancybrenandaniel.com/grandmastotebagandapron.html

Let me know if you see one.

Liz said...

I think I will try the 25 posts until Christmas. I need to catch up. :}