Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Torn

I want to start decorating for Christmas. Honest, I do!

I don't know if it is just because I set out to stay Fall-focused this month, or what, but I am not feeling very Christmas-y yet. I have one more Fall project left to do, and then I should have Fall out of my system.

Today I am working on my What's Cookin' package. Terrible, aren't I? I have the apron part done, and just have to finish the recipe cards. So, nothing to show you today except more leftovers from Thanksgiving. Happy transition to the next season!

Adult table





Makeshift kid's table



I wasn't planning on having a kid's table with our original guest list, but then with 3 boys, I needed one. The boys all got Christmas-themed bags, and sat at the coffee table, which was covered with paper. They had crayons to draw with and cookie cutters to trace. There were also a couple of those pre-lit mini trees from the Target dollar section used as centerpieces

Tom turkey



Mmmmm...pie...



My new little cuddlebum - Baby Ethan



I can't say he is my newest little cuddlebum, as we have a new baby niece in the family as of last night. She does not have a name yet, as mom and dad were really hoping for a boy this time, me thinks. I can't wait to meet her as well!

7 comments:

caro said...

Thanksgiving looks like it was a nice spread. I put the inlaws on a plane yesterday and flew home to put up the Christmas lights. I'm ready! ('Course we don't exactly get fall in Austin, so maybe that's why I'm keen for winter to start.)

crazycatladymel said...

It all looks wonderful! Love the kids' table covered with paper. Very good idea!

And ooooh! Babies!! Welcome to the world, Ethan and baby-girl-to-be-named-soon.

Anonymous said...

I bet its really hard to feel Christmas-y, living in LA! :D
I'm not ready yet either. I think I will wait for December at least! Last night I went outside and saw Christmas lights all over the neighborhood! THe leftovers aren't even gone yet! Geez people!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea for the "kids" table!! I want to sit at the "kids" table this year but I got over ruled by my mom!! (i'm in my 30's and still want to sit at the "kid's" table!!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I love that amber glass turkey,what a sweet liitle baby,sometimes its so sad to know I won't have anymore. Oh and yes,great kids table!

Heidi said...

What an adorable baby. I think girl names are easier than boy names...

I think you may be the only blogger out there not already knee deep in Christmas!

elizabeth said...

i've been outta the blogin' loop for too, too long so i do apologize for this post being over due.

looks like you had a fabulous thanksgiving.