Pages

Friday, November 17, 2006

Thanksgiving Swap ~ Received

Yeah, Elizabeth!



Thank you thank you thank you for all the wonderful Thanksgiving goodies, courtesy of Shanna's Thanksgiving Swap! Everything came wrapped in cute T-day fabric, and the whole package smelled divine.



I feel very spoiled indeed. I received one of Elizabeth's famous ornaments



A cute candle holder with yummy candle



a very sweet altered picture frame



This was BT's Dad's last Thanksgiving (2003). I know I will get scowls from the boys next week for having this out, but it really means a lot to me that it has a proper frame to be displayed in. Thank you...

and (I know, there's more!) this terrific wreath



with "Family" spelled out, 'cause that's what it's all about.

So, as if that weren't enough, Elizabeth also threw in some tiki goodness



A mug, a glass, and some vintage swizzle sticks! BT is really starting to dig this mail thing. I think he has an unfair expectation that all of the packages I receive from now on should have something for "him."

Thank you so much for such a great package! I will cherish it always.

Shanna ~ I swear I sent my package out Monday - Patricia should have received it Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Of course I didn't get insurance...I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

8 comments:

crazycatladymel said...

You know, I'm really disappointed in the local fabric shops. I couldn't find any Thanksgiving fabric, but their entire holiday collection was limited (as in almost no Christmas/winter). Something's going on! There is another shop I almost forgot about, so it's not hopeless.

Thanks for coming by my blog yesterday and leaving such kind sentiments. Today is much better.

elizabeth said...

oh i am *so* glad that you liked everything and that you didn't get a box full of glass.

i need to make some of those candle holders for moi. they were super easy to etch and i love how they look.

girl, you have everything displayed so wonderfully. even if i did remember to take pictures, they wouldn't have looked that good.

you're super welcome for everything. you are one of my favorite bloggers and i was ecstatic to find out i had your name.

*big smooches*

Greta said...

man isn't that stuff awesome...i am going to have to get on her...i want a wreath and to think she just lives 1 minute away from me....hmph!! i'm jealous....lol

Jennifer said...

E - I hadn't a clue that the votive holder was hand-done by you. I totally thought that was store-bought! Thank you again, and it sounds like your pal Greta is hankering for a wreath!

Liz said...

This is a great package! You scored. :}

elizabeth said...

yeppers!

hand etched by me. super easy project.

i meant to apologize for the crooked candle...lol...it was purchased for this swap i promise, i just made the mistake of leaving the bag in the car and the sun cooked it a lil :)

Patricia said...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
I just sent you a rambling email about how happy I was with my swap package. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow. :-)

shanna said...

lovely!!! and elizabeth outdid herself! it's amazing to see how everyone, so far, has come up with different projects!