Pages

Monday, November 27, 2006

O

I made pumpkin pancakes last weekend for BT



This is no small feat, as I have a pancake-making deficiency. No matter how many people have tried to instill in me the keep-the-flame-low mentality, they always end up done on the outside, raw on the inside. Stick-to-yer-ribs.

These were a decent effort, however. The recipe is from Sandra Lee. Basically you just add 2/3 cup canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie-type spices to your regular pancake mix (perhaps decrease the water by a couple of tablespoons).

Isn't it great how many organic items are available at the store nowadays?



As much as I have learned about pesticide use through my career, I have been a victim of not buying organic until recently because it was not convenient. I'll try not to reflect on that too much, putting convenience over my health, if and when I'm diagnosed with some type of cancer that is linked to pesticides or preservatives. But now, if there is a choice between regular Rice Krispies and organic Rice Krispies, I'll go with the organic - even if it means spending a little bit more.

Someday I'll have to tell you about my love affair with the supermarket...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin pancakes? Where were you this weekend? :D Oh well, there's always next weekend! I love pumpkin!

I wish we had a good selection here in the grocery store. When we went home, the grocery stores were *amazing*. Here, we're lucky if we get the normal pesticide filled kind of anything!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, where do I begin? Great pic, the colors are fantastic, love the little cow pitcher! We buy a lot of organic, we are really lucky that at our local store, Wegmans, organic items are plentiful. I will have to try this recipe though, we love pancakes, and pumpkin ones just sound too delicious to pass up. Next time your in New York come on over to my house, I'll teach you the pancake tricks!