Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!



It's funny I chose a picture of the pie to show you here, as this was the only let down of the whole meal. But, the picture was good. You may be seeing a change in the quality of photos around here...provided I can figure out how to work our new early Christmas present properly ; )

Everything else was just perfect - made even better having so many of our family members present.

A few notes:
> Brining - Definitely worth it
> My new love - Bechamel sauce
> There is such thing as too much food
> The energy contained in three boys aged 2 1/2, 4, and 5 could fuel a power plant
> Having somebody bring mashed potatoes totally eliminates the last minute rush of T-day dinner (everything else just gets popped in the oven!)
> Thanksgiving may be my new favorite holiday!

Hope you had a good one as well!

~ Continued~

Today's thing I am thankful for is...you! This community and blogging in general has become so important to me. It is so incredible to connect with like-minded people daily. I really appreciate the support you offer, and hope that I am able to give you the kudos you deserve in return. I also am thankful for the blog buddies that I communicate with via email. It is so nice to get to know people, and have somebody to *talk* to who doesn't need wikipedia to know what I am talking about (or for that matter even knows what wikipedia is). Hugs and a big Thank You to all of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son is 2 1/2 and his energy alone could fuel a small power plant!
I didn't end up making the gravy quite like the recipe. We bought a small turkey and it came with a gravy packet thing which I used with a few additions. My non canned green bean casserole came out wonderful. I can send you the link if you want.
Now its time to think about Christmas, huh?

Miss Bliss said...

Well aren't you the sweetest thing???!!! Your new camera takes great pics! Enjoy it, I find for me pictures are another way of keeping track of time. I take a ton and wouldn't part with a single one. i would be lost with out my camera to capture all of the tiny little stuff that may escape my memory years from now.

Barb said...

Speaking of bechamel, how amazing does this look?
or this?
lol about Wikipedia

Patricia said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy your new camera!!

Dorie said...

I am totally echoing you on the brine.