Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ok – Don’t laugh

It's my very first pattern-less stuffie*

He was made with love for my brand new nephew, Ethan Scott

(hence the "E")

I didn't know what I was doing (too impatient to wait for this just released book to arrive, which undoubtedly would have provided a much better idea, or at least guidance for properly designing the body), but I went for it anyway. There is definitely something wrong with the puppy's face shape, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't do the underside quite right

(though looking at his legs folded in like this made me smile)



But, those things don't really matter to a sweet little baby, anyway.

Speaking of stuffies/softies, and I apologize if I am late to the party here and somebody already made mention of this, but did anyone else think that the stuffed animals in the November issue of MS Living look an awful lot like this and this?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, really. It's not like Martha is cruising craft blogs (but her staff? who knows) It is surprising, though, that more large magazines do not acknowledge the blog community. Blueprint in particular seems prime to highlight a crafter and her blog, and use an online tutorial as a featured project. It seems some kind of partnership could be forged, rather than the current lack of recognition for who are undoubtedly the primary subscribers to these magazines.

* My inspiration

7 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

Lucky little Ethan,he got a Felt Mouse original too!

Laurie said...

I think the puppy is adorable!

I think Stephanie posted somewhere that her little lamb is from a vintage craft book. I've also seen other little pigs on wheels. I have a pattern for one from the 1980s that is similar to Hilary's.

Jennifer said...

so fabulously cute!

Miss Bliss said...

Adorable! Great job with out a pattern. Little Ethan will love it I'm sure!

Erin said...

Such a cute little puppy!

elizabeth said...

laugh?
i think not!

too cute for words girl :)

Coleen said...

That is soooo adorable! I have attempted without a pattern, but that's as far as I got! :)