Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How About the Boys

Well, not sure these pics are much better. I've been kind of frantic getting some projects done before the weekend, and like I said - they don't really feel done until I get them all packed up to ship out.

This is a little package for my two nephews age 5 and almost 4



I like the little rubber masks that were at JoAnn's this year for 99 cents (or on sale 50 cents this past weekend). And really - is there anything grosser than a box of boogers? They'll get a kick out of that. Hope it doesn't give them any ideas about eating the real thing - maybe that was a bad idea...



The 5-year-old truly is a shy little monster. He is the sweetest little guy, but he hates to have any attention focused on him. This coloring/journaling book from vegasandvenice (purchased through Mahar Drygoods) is just soooo perfect for him, I can't stand it! He will absolutely love it, and his parents will be thrilled that there is an opportunity for him to learn about keeping a journal.

For his brother, a Monster Garden Kit by fishcakes, also purchased through Mahar Drygoods



I'm pretty sure he won't be able to assemble the monster on his own, but I thought he might enjoy growing something from seed.

Ok - is that snakes and ladders fabric not the coolest thing ever?! I was very disappointed, though, that it was some of JoAnn's bargain fabric ($1/yard), and not better quality.

I also made them some fabric cuffs



This was my first time making cuffs, so they are a little wonky. I also forgot to put something in to stabilize them (doh!). I'll know better for the next batch.

Last but not least, a kit to make "gross" candy apples



The kit includes gummy worms to stick on the apples, which doesn't seem all that gross to me - better than sticking gummy boogers on them, that's for sure!

8 comments:

crazycatladymel said...

Ack! I didn't think to photograph the contents of the bags I sent on to my "kids", but I know what was missing: boogers! Where on earth did you find those?!

It's all just wonderful, and inspiring. I'm glad to find someone else who does packages for the kids in her life.

catrina said...

You & I are on the same brain wave!! LOL

I also made my 4 & 5 year old nephews fabric cuffs & got the same fabric [but mine was from Hancock's]to make them goodie bags out of. Weird huh?

I'm sure your nephew's will love everything...GREAT work putting it all together.

elizabeth said...

what great goodies! i'll have to look for some of this stuff for mikey.

Robert Mahar said...

Ok, these are so brilliant! I love all of the 'gross' candy and thanks for including some of the Mahar Drygoods monster goodies. =)

Liz said...

I want to be one of your nephews!
Wow, they are going to be so happy with those treats.

jungle dream pagoda said...

Those cuffs are amazing ,and your blogtography is wonderful! You should never add a disclaimer.

Miss Bliss said...

The shark masks are too much fun! Love the boogers too, doesn't eveyone need those?

Barb said...

Joanns always has good candy! Several years ago at work, a co-worker and I had a 'candy wars' contest, to see who could find the grossest candy. She got me ants in sand gum (very cool) and I got her gummy boogers. Those were just the best ones. This went on for about a year. Totally fun. Where'd those box of boogers come from? Those would make great stocking stuffers!