Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hot Mitt Monthly September ~ Potholder Apron

My Hot Mitt Monthly entry for September is finished (three days late - sorry Liz!)



September's theme was to make an apron with pot holder mitts on the corners (hot mitt and apron in one!), or add a potholder to a dishtowel. I'm not sure about the functionality of the second one - it wouldn't look very nice to have a dishtowel laying on the table while you were eating. But then, somebody spills milk and you think, boy, I'm glad I had a dishtowel here to clean this up. But you forget about the potholder part and accidentally pull the whole thing out from underneath your tuna noodle casserole, making a bigger mess than you started with.



You may remember the border fabric from here. It is cool to have an apron I made that instantly looks vintage. October's theme is to make a potholder using a hand weaving loom. Lo and behold, I am ahead of the game



I have a bad case of loom love. I will probably make one or more (who can stop at one?) this month just to keep in the spirit of the contest (these were made a couple of months ago). How about you? Anyone hold onto their looms all these years?

7 comments:

Barb said...

Damn, I need a loom. Loom love--I think it's contagious. I didn't make a mitt for Sept, but it's a wonderful challenge, and I adore what you made!

Megan said...

Loom love. I don't know why that is funny, but it is.

Karen in Wichita said...

Well, no. (I do still have my Knit-Wit, though... that's got to count for something.) But we got one not too long ago, for our six-year-old, and I keeping looking at it with larceny in my heart.

vegasandvenice said...

Oh my so cute!!

Jessica said...

I have several looms, just picked up a red metal with a HUGE bag of vintage loops for .25 at a garage sale. I like to make potholders on car trips and then give them as gifts to the person we are visiting. An odd habit for a 39 yr old !!!

Alicia P. said...

Ooo, I totally want to make a potholder like that. I'd forgotten all about those. I certainly didn't hold onto my loom, but I will be keeping an eye out now. Those are just adorable.

elizabeth said...

oh i love that apron. i don't think i've ever loomed anything before :(