Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween Happy Pack

Now that the Halloween Happy Pack has arrived in the winner's mailbox (along with lots of other goodies from other lovely ladies - lucky gal!), I thought I would share a couple of pics here as well



I guess to fit with other Happy Pack themes, I should have sent a costume themed package (so that the prize would have matched the theme of the question exactly). But, I saw the sprinkles, and just knew I had to put together a Halloween Baking Happy Pack.



The two-pack of dishtowels were a good find as well. One was left as is, and one was turned into a dishtowel apron



Detail of pocket



Pretty simple of course - just added a ribbon for the waistband and ties, and a pompom fringe. I put together the little witch hat applique and stitched it to a pocket made from fabric left over from making gifts for the nieces and nephews.

You'll also notice a potholder made on my loom, which will be entered as my official entry for Hot Mitt Monthly.

Well - I'm about Halloweened out. I am making my costume, which will most likely only be used for a photo shoot for Tie One On. It doesn't look like we will have a party to attend this year, which is too bad because it really is our favorite holiday. I guess we look forward to pretending to be somebody we are not at least once a year. I'll leave you with a look at a more recent Halloween past



Can you guess who I am? Not many people did that year, so you will be my BFF if you do! *Note* the glasses are not part of the costume, just a part of me. And my hair was way short then, but it is in tiny pigtails with sunshine ponytail holders.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the punky brewster!!!

shanna said...

ack! i was gonna say punky brewster too! cute!

Barb said...

I was gonna say the chick from Napoleon Dynamite. I'm not familiar with Punky.
You look totally different than I envisioned, how funny. Not bad, just different from the 'goodbye' photo you posted a few months back.

deb said...

ooh what a lovely package - so festive! It's gotta be Punky!!

Nat said...

Punky Brewster! I didn't even have to look at the comments!

Miss Bliss said...

Love the apron, the little black hat is too perfect. Great Punky Brewster look!

Rebecca said...

Oh my I haven't thought of Punky Brewster in forever! Remember her friend Six? I always wished my mother had named me Six . . .

Jennifer said...

I am Punky! Thanks for letting me know there are some folks left that remember the 80s. I won't tell you who most people thought I was - it was not very nice.

Barb ~ I am a chameleon. Every picture of me looks different.

elizabeth said...

you are so punky brewster. that is awesome!!!!

telfair said...

I got it, too, Punky, but I'm late to the party as usual so everyone got to it first...

jungle dream pagoda said...

What a great idea,I loved Punky too!I can't believe those goodies are mine,that apron is what I'm going to wear to pass out candy!

Anonymous said...

Brewster, all the way.

pipandtom.com

mrs.jack said...

Punky!! All you need a golden retriever like stuffed animal to be Brandon! Great costume!

janelle said...

punky!