Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tie One On Aug/Sept ~ Pinafore

This TOO theme was challenging for me



I tried a couple of different fabrics, but none of them had the right drape with the pattern I wanted to use.



Finally I used some canvas-y material I found recently at the thrift store, and it ended up having the right amount of support.



I was planning on using this fabric for purse(s), though. So, the pinafore may need to be salvaged. I am developing quite the apron collection, and I'm not sure some of them are as necessary to hold on to as others.



The pattern is from my *secret* source (a Japanese craft book I haven't seen anyone else mention having, so I won't either). The button on the back is for decoration only, and in fact the pinafore would function better without it - the apron/pinafore would be allowed to expand and contract as you bend over to mop or what have you.



I think orange, turquoise*, and brown are my new favorite colors for Fall!

It's my one year anniversary participating in Tie One On! I wish I had known about this fun group when it started, but I was kind of ignorant to craft blogs and the like at that time. I created a Flickr set with my submissions to date and a note about where they are now...


*I am standing in a closet. I don't know if it is more weird to tell you that, or the fact that we paint the insides of our closets.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

i love the closet!

Miss Bliss said...

I am just amazed that there is nothing in the closet, except you that is. Our closets are so over run with stuff I couldn't tell you what color they are, because I can't see that much of the wall! Good for you for being so organized

Erin said...

So pretty!

telfair said...

Ah, well, no need to be sheepish about standing in a closet when the photographs turn out so beautifully. I was thinking to myself how professional they looked when I saw your footnote...

Gina said...

How wonderful!

Marge D said...

Is here any way to get the pattern for this apron?