Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The One Where the Author Tried to Meet Her Idol

Here is where I found myself today. I didn't really need to be there, but when offered the opportunity, I jumped at it. Why? To see our "Governator", Arnold Schwarzenegger, or His Holiness, the Dalai Lama? No - Because Ms. Stewart herself was going to be speaking, of course!

Great ideas popped in my head about meeting my crafting idol in person. I would make a gift, of course, and a calling card with my blog site. Hopefully she would have time to take a picture with me, and sign my Baking Handbook. From there, who could say - a TV show appearance? An invitation to be her guest at Turkey Hill? - there was no telling where this fortuitous encounter would lead...

Here was how close I got



So in other words, not very. Martha did not stick around for a book signing either. She did, however, leave some pre-signed book plates for people that bought her books on-site. I had brought my Handbook from home, so I fibbed a little to get one



Big problems arose when setting out to make a little gift for Her Highness of Craft. You probably all have realized by now that I do not have a signature craft. I do not have one thing that is all me - a unique item, or an uncommon style. This situation has made me see how important it will be for me to develop a The Felt Mouse original pronto. BT was so sweet as to develop some cards for me that can now be used as enclosure cards when I send stuff out.

Here is the lameness that I developed



I don't know what it is either, so don't ask.



Lucky for me, "M" also stands for Mom, so guess where this is off to! She'll figure out what to do with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pre signed book plates??! She really IS the queen of organisation!

I'm sure your Mom will be a much more wothy recipient - I love your packaging.

Miss Bliss said...

I love the black and white,and I am a Martha fan as well. Ultra organized, I am in awe of her.

Alicia P. said...

Girl, you are just too cute.