Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happiness is...*

having places like this to go during lunch



Fabric Barn is one of those you-gotta-see-it-to-believe-it kind of stores. If you ever come by for a visit, we will definitely have to stop by here. The store's name, Fabric Barn, is a bit of a misnomer. There is some fabric - mainly seasonal, and stuff for babies. Oh, and tulle. But, the main thing you come here for is RIBBON. Thousands of spools of ribbon that you cut yourself and write down the price on a slip of paper. The honor system, - hrmm - thought it was dead. The prices are pretty near wholesale. So, if you see something you like, it is best to grab a whole bunch, because most likely when you come back, it will be gone



Maybe it will be back next Fall...

Fabric Barn

3111 E. Anaheim Street

Long Beach, CA 90804

* Happiness also is finally having a camera phone so I can take secret pics of all the places and things I've been wanting to show you!

6 comments:

Belinda said...

oh, I wish I had a place they that near me.

Carrie Sommer said...

Oh, wow. Paradise. I will definitely be checking that place out!

Barb said...

Oooh, I like the camera phone spy thing! I've taken a few pics around and have asked permission, and people look at me like I'm out of my mind.

Liz said...

That looks like ribbon HEAVEN!

elizabeth said...

oh how i would love to go to a place like this.

you better never move b/c you have all the best stores.

Waya said...

I came via "In a Nutshell", and my oh my, I love that store!! Brings back memories of my first job at 15 (all $3.45/hr), at Windsor Button Shop. I was the one who would cut ribbons, laces, and get your buttons. I think there's only one store left in Mass.