Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Free Blog Day

I commented to a blog buddy recently how great it is to give and receive mail in blog land. Not only do you get to do something nice for somebody and/or receive something wonderful in return, you get a "free" post to show it off! That way if you are working on a super great project that won't be ready until later in the week (hint hint), you still look productive.

Elizabeth liked the small card suit print fabric I bought at Jo-Ann so much, she offered to pay to have me pick some more up for her. Nonsense, I said. I will send it to you in heartbeat with no expectations for anything in return. I have a feeling she won't let that one slide, but that's a craft blogger for you : )

Here's what I sent in addition to the fabric ~



For Elizabeth, Miso Pretty lip gloss, a domino bracelet kit, an applique, stickers, and round playing cards in a drawstring pouch made from one of my most favorite favorite fabrics - little red and pink parasols and kimonos.

Here's the finished embellished card tin (I can't for the life of me remember why I took the picture above before it was done, but I'm sure I had a good reason)



For her son, a pirate-themed sack of treasure



Includes eye patch, band-aids, treasure map in a bottle, playing cards, and a whistle.

Detail of the bag



There are a lot of things Long Beach doesn't have but should, and some things it has that you wonder - what the heck? One of the weird and wacky "only in Long Beach" things is a store completely devoted to pirates. The store seems more fitting now with the Pirates of the Caribbean movie being so popular, but it has been in business for as long as we have lived here. This was actually my first trip to The Pirate's Cove, which is odd, as I have a fondness for pirates (they arrrr cool)

Finally, for little B, an Olivia drawstring bag filled with (you guessed it) more playing cards, candy, pens, and a painted ring



Detail of ring



The kit for painting acrylic rings can be found at Target, if you're interested. I knew it was kind of hit or miss with Olivia (kids either love her or hate her), but I was pretty sure little B likes cupcakes, 'cause her mom is always whipping up some yummy looking ones.

Ok - now back to my ultra top secret super terrific work in progress!

10 comments:

Megan said...

I want one of those rings for my own!

crazycatladymel said...

I love doing things like this too! I so wish there was a Pirate store here - I'm putting Halloween totes together for 6 little boys. It all looks great, and I'm sure they'll all love it.

ramona said...

now that looks all so lovely. yay for swapping!

mrspilkington said...

everything is adorable! love the pirate bag and the cupcake ring.

Miss Bliss said...

Aren't you just the sweetest thing!!!! I love the pirate bag, perfect....

Barb said...

My name is Jennifer, and I am a swap and challenge-oholic.
teehee.
You're good at it though. The pirate stuff seriously rocks.
Thanks for the linky.
I got some mail today myself that I will post soon. I offered to pay for it, but she wants to swap. Ack! It will never end ;)

Jennifer said...

Ah, Barb, you caught me ~ I am hopeless. Next thing you know, I'll be wrangling you into a swap, too!

elizabeth said...

jen...this pkg. is so friggin' amazing!

i finally (can you believe it) got around to posting about it tonight.

thanks again. you so made my week!

Gina said...

Wowie zowie!

SpAzzGiRL said...

That is some awesome loot! I love those little sacks, too cute!