Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2006

...Two...

**Update: Well, BT's back on the computer, and he designed my fabu new banner! He used a fabric from this thrift score as inspiration - can you tell which one? I'm so thrilled to finally have my very own banner!**

The good thing about having a fickle husband is that when BT switches from one interest to another, in this case from web-surfing 24/7 to playing Game Cube non-stop, I can post pictures of his Easter basket a day early and know he won't see it



This year's basket is a Hawaiian/Tiki theme, in anticipation of an upcoming trip that has less Hawaii involved than I would like, but lots of tiki. Inside the basket is a Tiki Farm tiki mug, lucky tiki idol (we are in need of some good luck as of late), little tropical toys, Hawaiian snacks, a pineapple, and traditional Easter candy. I added the grass skirt and flowers to a plain Easter basket.

The Easter bunny was a regular Parsnip Pete hollow chocolate bunny, and I gave him a lei and grass skirt



The bad thing with having a husband with transient interests is that I often miss the boat in terms of what he will be into when I actually given him a present. I started planning this basket back when we made the reservations for our trip (i.e. when his primary interest was tiki stuff). As mentioned, he is currently into playing Nintendo like a maniac, and I could have put together a really good basket with a game, accessories, and, believe it or not, Nintendo-related candy. I know he will like this basket a lot, too. It's just - well - maybe I'm thinking about the future, and worrying I will be one of those moms that gets her kids something 2 months after it has gone out of style, and they'll give me that "Mommm...that is so not cool anymore!" (As far removed from his interests as my gifts to BT have been over the years, thankfully he has never whined to me about them)

Happy Easter! Hope you made somebunny's day!

8 comments:

BT said...

awwww crap...

telfair said...

Okay, first, still laughing that BT found out about his basket (see comment above.)
Second, I love your new banner! It's so YOU! You're lucky to have a husband who is able to design those kinds of things. He did a great job.
Thirdly, I'm sure your children will be thrilled that they have the cleverest, craftiest mom around, and you'll be setting the trends and making the other moms feel a little annoyed because their kids are always talking about how cool you are and all the nifty stuff you make.

elizabeth said...

hope you have a happy easter and i have to say that i *love* the basket and the chocolate bunny.

the banner is great and has a whole fresh, spring look :)

Ali said...

That bunny in a grass skirt gave me a good laugh, and your new banner is lovely.

heather said...

Happy Easter! I love your new banner. You are so creative, that rabbit in the grass skirt is fab.

my house is cuter than yours said...

AAAHHGG!!!! i love the way you put all of this together!!! Putting the grass skirt and lei on the basket and bunny is just about the most clever idea i have come across in a long time!!!

Sandra said...

Tiki Easter? How cool is that- I LOVE IT! Very cute and fun :o)

Cerri said...

Oh my gosh! I love it!! Super creative basket!
Thanks so much for playing along, I added your name to the basket!