Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

More Peeps

This time the homemade variety



I just got it in my head to make some this year, and in searching for the recipe, guess who was at the top of the list.

But just so you don't think I'm going all Martha bunny fou-fou on you, I bring you Peep Death Match 2006

The contenders - weighing in at .3 ounces each, Purple Bunny Peep and Aqua Chickie Peep (crowd cheers)



They enter the microarena, and right from the start it's total mayhem. If it wasn't for their boldly colored crystal sugar costumes, it would be hard to tell where one Peep begins and the other ends



After 28 seconds, the ref decided to end the match. It's really hard to call the winner from this one, folks. Both contenders show equal amounts of melting and even a slight scorching



But, since Purple Bunny Peep slipped me a fiver before the match, I'm going to declare him the winner (crowd boos - Rematch!, they cry)

**FREE vintage sewing patterns! Read here then see here.**

8 comments:

my house is cuter than yours said...

wow! you made those peeps!!!! they look great... or thye looked great! ha ha! loved the melting match!

Pink Rocket said...

um, a little morbid perhaps?? LOL

so they taste the same?

Feathers said...

Geez, I didn't know there was a recipe to make Peeps - yours came out so cute, I love them!

telfair said...

Your Peeps were so full of personality and Peepzazz...much more so than the store bought ones.
I laughed about the death match all day...

Jennifer said...

Taste like the real thing - even better if you feel you always end up with a stale pack!

Archimedes24 said...

Hey FM,

Red told me you'd done something like this...but I just had to come and read it for myself....

That was freaking Peep-larious! Bring on more Peeps Deathmatch!

If you wanted to get really zany, you should pit one of your home grown favorites against a store bought peep! Think of the fame you could heap on yourself if one of your scrappers outlasted one of those fancy pants yellow store bought pretty boys?!?

jen said...

I prefer stale peeps myself... the chewyness improves them tenfold in my estimation.

Peep deathmatch is unbelievably funny...

Gina said...

LOL! So funny. And what pretty peeps they are!