Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2006

...Happy Easter!

Hope you all had a good one! We spent the day with BT's fam.

Here are some pics from the hunt ~

The first Easter I could pick up eggs all by myself



Are they real?



We know there's an egg in here somewhere



The arty shot



We also celebrated my nephew Parker's 2nd b-day, and I was requested to make an "Easter train cake." So, here's my rendition



and being served



I was going to try this one, but since this was the first time I decorated a cake with something other than sprinkles, I thought I would keep it more simple.

Sadly, the nieces were not able to make it to the party, so I will have to save their mailorder bonnets until next weekend when we see them



OK - enough Easter already!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Did I read right? "the first time I decorated a cake with something other than sprinkles"??

Are you kidding???? Amazing.

telfair said...

I love the line "so I decided to go with something more simple" as you present a photograph of a stunning, beautifully decorated, detailed cake that looks 100% professional.

Good Lord! If that work of art is "simple," I don't think I would even be able to eat a "complex" one -- I'd want to hang it on my wall!

Looks like you guys had a great Easter -- loved the bonnets, too.

tricia said...

What an amazing cake! You did a fantastic job

my house is cuter than yours said...

you did soo great on decorating the cake! and the bonnets are really adorable! you must put up a pic for us to see them on their little noggins!