Pages

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March is now designated as National Work in Progress Month!

Here is an example of why a WIP month is needed 'round here



It is a dog sweater for Chuy that he was supposed to wear at his Atomic Dog party back in January. Not finishing it in time, it was cast aside mid picking up stitches to finish the second armhole. So little work was left to do, but undoubtedly something more exciting came along to detract me from this WIP

I probably have 70 outstanding projects that are in various stages of completion. The majority are sewing related, followed by knitting, scrapbooking, and miscellaneous crafts. Now seems like as good as time as any to get a move on them, as it really is National Craft Month. One, I don't have many events in March to plan for, and two, I totally FAILED on my first ever budget imposed on me in February. It is truly alarming how much m
oney I spent on craft items. So, this month I will take it easy and revisit some projects of yore that inspired me to buy fabric, notions, and patterns - at times even cut out the fabric - but for some odd reason just never got around to putting the darn things together.

3 comments:

petulant said...

oh I need one of those too (makes it international work in progress month!), I've been dreaming of knitting it's got so bad :)

dorene said...

Hi, I just happened upon your blog and this post rang a bell with me. I am trying to only by supplies with money earned from selling things I've made, trying to make it work for me instead of spending money I should be saving for other things. I'M GOING INTO WITHDRAWL! It's not gonna last much longer...............

I don't even want to count the number of unfinished projects I have laying around.

my house is cuter than yours said...

Starting back up on old projects is a great idea! Chuy's sweater is too cute to not finish!!