Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Free for All!

Well, almost all. But keep reading, and find out the what and how!

As much as my thrifting experiences mainly suck, I seem to do pretty well finding old sewing patterns for some reason. These, coupled with the ones I received from my Grandma's collection, and the bonanza of kids' patterns I found today equals quite a collection of old sewing patterns (mostly 60s-70s, mostly for girls). I love them all, and though I envision future offspring wearing these cute retro frocks, I know in reality I will not ever really have the opportunity to use most of these patterns.





Lately I am feeling really overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have accumulated. There just really seems to be a lot here in the house that I deem worthwhile to have, but not necessarily to use. I hope I'm not the only one out there that feels wary using certain favorite materials for a project, as it means you won't be able to use it for a future, perhaps better project. It has generally been my preferred state to keep a mental assessment of all my lovely things, and buy the appropriate fabric, paper, etc. to complete a new project, versus looking through my "stash" for something. So, though I was one of the first people to sign up for Use What You Have, and love the concept and all the wonderful projects people have already posted, I waffle about my decision to make the written commitment for April (I really view that as a serious commitment).

I guess to conquer clutter, though, I have to be willing to use or let go. Since I'm pretty sure I won't be using these patterns in the near future, instead I want them to go to a good home. That's where you come in! Please look through my Vintage Sewing Pattern set on Flickr. See one you like, send me an email (thefeltmouse@gmail.com) with the pattern number you'd like and your address. If you are a U.S. resident, and you only want one pattern, it will be sent to you FREE! If you like more than one pattern, or live outside the U.S., send me an email and maybe we can work out a swap or something.

Hope you see something you like! Mi clutter es su clutter!

~Please note some patterns indicate that they are not for free, swap, or sale - so, you know, they're not. Sorry some of them have horrible grease pen writing on them - that's just the way the thrift store does it. Oh, and one I wrote on as a kid - he he. I assume the patterns are complete, but I haven't really looked - they are all folded very neatly in the envelopes - how do people do that? I never anticipate all the problems that come up with this kind of thing, but bear with me if anything goes awry.~

5 comments:

Gina said...

Wow, those are great patterns! You are not the only one who saves the good stuff for the supreme later project!

Fitinha Azul said...

they are so cute, but I am so far, in flickr i put a note in the patterns I love.
Kiss
PatrĂ­cia

Fitinha Azul said...

or can You email me the patterns?

Jennifer said...

How could I say no to my swap partner that's already spoiled me with so many great things? Patricia, of course I'll send you the patterns you've marked as favorites (5, right?)! Email me your home address, though (I didn't save if from your package - sorry). It will be a thank you for your great package!

Lori said...

Love the patterns! My mom used a couple of the very patterns you posted on your site- the sleepwear and the romper dress with matching panties and patch pockets! It brings back good memories. I'll check out your flicker assortment. I always love a good vintage pattern.
Lori