Pages

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bam!

I dug out my Michael Miller Rickrack Stripe fabric to turn some blah cafe curtains



into something more befitting of my fun little 40s b&w tiled kitchen




I bought some black and red accessories to match, and edged some stuff in rickrack



I was going to take more pics of my kitchen to post here, but you can see how much my camera loves taking pics of red in low level light. So, I'll have to save those for another day. Also that would have meant cleaning up and making everything look cute, and I wasn't really in the mood to do that tonight.

In the meantime, a quizzical, or little quiz (Off subject, but what would that make a little test? Elizabeth? Shanna?) The quizzical question is: What is behind this door in my kitchen?



The first one to post the correct answer in the comments section will get a little happy pack!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha. it could be everything. i know this kind of closets.

a broom and stuff
or stored dry food & things (spices...)

or is it fabrics and yarn??? in the kitchen???

ramona said...

the anonymos post was me

chanadaal said...

Is it one of those old fashioned ironing board cupboards??

Angela said...

Definitely an ironing board!

Pink Rocket said...

fold out ironing board with a little cabinet for the iron and other ironing supplies!!! i want one!! i want your kitchen!!!

elizabeth said...

first, i *LOVE* the new curtains. so cute.

secondly, i was going to say ironing board too, but you may have taken that out for space. i'd love to know that it was filled with all your crafty goodness :)

telfair said...

I'm obviously way too late for the happy pack but I think it's probably an ironing board, too.

Sweet Pea said...

I used to have a cupboard like that - it's original use was for an ironing board but someone had put little shelves in there -and it became our herbs and spices cupboard - so i say herbs and spices!

my house is cuter than yours said...

oh wow! those curtains look sooo freaking great! such an improvement! and the oven mitts...great idea to add the red rickrac! since the ironing board answer is out there i am going to go with a collection of shrunken heads!