Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Walmart's prices just got lower!

How? By making you finish sewing your own clothes! You've probably all seen this, and thought it was kinda lame, but basically it is a roll of fabric in the Walmart craft department that is pre-sewn with lace and an elastic waistband. All you have to do is cut to your measurement and finish the back seam and voila!



I thought I was done with the whole prairie thing this year, but I really was taken with this concept. I'm probably the only one, as it appears I was the first one to cut from the bolt. I guess you could also make a top with it, or even more items if you used your imagination. It cost $12.74 per yard, and I spent $10.61 (you do the math if you wanna know my measurements, keeping in mind I added a little extra for a *ahem* seam allowance). Pretty cheap for a new skirt, even by Walmart's standards!

P.S. Please pardon the rest of my outfit. The skirt may say Spring, but the temperature inside our house right now is damn cold!

5 comments:

telfair said...

Wow -- so cute!

And I like your stripey slipper socks, too.

Pink Rocket said...

Oh! I wanted to buy some of that fabric!! I never wear skirts so I have 2 shorter prairie style one's hanging in my closet that I wore once! I want longer one's!! I'll be going to Walmart today! You sold me on it!

Gina said...

Very kewl!

Anonymous said...

averageloser from pensacola here:

that's pretty clever. i'm not much for sewing or making clothes, but i like what you've done...

my house is cuter than yours said...

Nice Job! I have never seen that pre-elasticed fabric before! ... very interesting.