Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2006

It's a boy?

I need your help, gals! I joined the color-iffic swap-o-rama for March. The concept is that you put together a little craft package for someone that follows a color theme (March's color is, as expected, green). The package has items that they can use in crafts as well as at least one item you made yourself. People also include candy and little fun items.



I was going my merry way, buying little bits of green when I saw them (a lip gloss, a feather-topped pen - I even bought the fabric for a really great tote), but I just found out today that my swap partner is a guy. No biggee, and I can see from his Flickr account that he is into making a certain type of stuffie (I think the partners are supposed to be a secret, or else I'd link to one). So, I know I can get some cool green fabrics, and I guess my candy is still ok, but any other ideas? What would you buy for a crafty guy? I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and make an art doll/original stuffie...back to the drawing board.

5 comments:

Pink Rocket said...

this is a toughie! what about a messenger bag, or send the pattern and the stuff to make one...if he sews...or things to make tags for his craft wares?? i don't know! there aren't too many crafty guys out there. i could probably get a better idea if we knew who he was! but, i know it's a secret...sshhh

Emy said...

I would get him pencils, maybe make him a neat notebook (not journal because journals are for girls :) ), cuffs are great for guys, maybe stencil a tshirt if you have a clue what size he is, seeds would be nice if you think he might like gardening (rye grass seeds can look really nice and masculine when planted in a container), some kind of belt buckle?, neat organizers, maybe a neat needle case. I know what my husband would want. He's kind of crafty but apparently not as much as this guy! Pin up girl sillouettes sound great as well as skulls.
Good luck! Guys are hard to craft for!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I have no ideas..but i do really like pinkrocket's tag idea and emy's rye grass idea.

telfair said...

I asked my husband about this and after a few minutes of pondering, he said, "Cash is green."

I stared at him for a moment and then said sternly, "That's NOT the general idea with this."

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the great ideas, everyone! I'll have to give you all credit when I put together the final box. And thanks, Telfair, for defending the concept of crafts being worth more than cash...