Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2006

In the Mood

Here's our V-day display this year



Kinda sexy, no? I had all intentions of making a feather boa wreath, but found this one pre-made at Joann on sale for $10 this week. Why reinvent the wreath? I did make the runner, out of a $2/yd velvet rose burn-out fabric, satin lining, and black fringe. The vases are dollar store finds, and the candle is from Joann. The roses - ah the roses. Last month, I used white roses in a winter display, and they cost $7 per dozen. As of February 1, a dozen roses at the same store now costs $18. 'Tis the season, I suppose.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Valentine display. Where did you get the stand for the wreath?

Jennifer said...

The stand I bought post-Christmas at Target for $2.70! The topper is an artichoke (not a pinecone or something), so I figure I can use it all year!

my house is cuter than yours said...

ohh la la! Yes, very sexy!

elizabeth said...

very, very smokin'!!!

wish i woulda found a stand like that. that's awesome :)

my house is cuter than yours said...

p.s. Martha Stewart should recall all here Feb issues of Living and put your display on the front cover instead!