Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Gearing Up

After raiding Laurie Partridge's closet, I used this pattern



to make an apron that can be worn as a dress

front


back


and detail of fabric



Hopefully by the time Spring comes, I will lose the winter flubber, and may be gutsy enough to wear this without a shirt.

My other goal clothing item is a purchase from this weekend's visit to the 4th Street shopping district, which is comprised of 10 or 12 vintage clothing and furnishings resale stores in downtown Long Beach. I found a Gunne Sax* skirt for $5!



It is, sadly, too small right now, but now with you all as my witnesses and my support team, I will fit in this skirt by May! I can still usually lose weight pretty easily if I avoid temptation (i.e. cupcakes), have purpose, inspiration (Laurie!), and perseverance (the gym keeps taking my money each month whether I go or not).

Now I must get busy on projects with rapidly approaching deadlines, like BT's mapron, my Valentine's Day potholder, and my color-iffic swap package!!

* You probably know that Jessica McClintock made skirts and dresses like these in the 70s before she made formal wear, but just in case here's the scoop.

3 comments:

telfair said...

If this is you, as the model, in the pictures, it doesn't look like you have very much "flubber" to lose, at all!

Very cute apron / dress, by the way...again, I marvel at your talent.

tricia said...

My Mom made me a dress using that pattern when I was in high school!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Your apron/dress is very very flattering on the backside! yowza!