Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What's in your kitchen?

Certainly one of the more unique kitchen gadgets I acquired this Christmas



It's a citrus "trumpet" from Williams Sonoma. I bought it myself on an exchange (I somehow ended up with $65 worth of olive oil from WS this year. I like olive oil a lot, but I'm not sure my palette is tuned enough to know what the really good stuff tastes like, versus what I buy at Trader Joe's, which is pretty darn good. Besides, with the return and a $50 gift card, I cleaned up in the gadget department at WS!)

I haven't had the chance to try out many of my new kitchen items, save a tomato knife, which I managed to slice my finger open with. I don't know if it is just me, but I think I cut myself each time I use a new knife...

But really, what is in your kitchen? What is the oddest kitchen gadget you have?

2 comments:

Cristina said...

I think the oddest kitchen gadget I have is a cherry pitter. I always thought I needed one, you know, to make and freeze tons and tons of pies during cherry season. But, ...sigh..., it hasn't yet seen even one cherry.

my house is cuter than yours said...

I'm not into kitchen gadgets really but if you want to know the oddest thing in my kitchen drawers...I guess it would be an assortment of tiny toys from gumball machines. I freeze them inside homemade ice cubes..Kinda like the old fly in an icecube trick... Don't ask me why.I just think it's 'good times'!