Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

Sassy Sachets

With my sewing machine back at home, I made a couple of lavender sachets for a friend whose birthday is coming up soon



On a "sad" note, this was the last of one of my favorite fabrics. It is always difficult to say goodbye to part of my stash. I bought a yard of the linen floral-printed fabric at Joann a couple of years ago for $2, and at the time did not know what it would be used for. It made its way into a few projects, but the sachets represent the last of it.
Part of curing my fabric addiction is realizing when to let go.

On a "happy" note, I just made more room for my next bargain find! Whoo hoo! Oh wait - that's counter-productive to my therapy...

~Websurfing~ Here's a funny site
for all the crocheters out there (including you, Cristina!)

3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm just making some lavender bags too! I'm using an old favourite fabric and will be sad t see it go too! I hope a photo will be up on my blog very soon! Please feel free to visit and have a look!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Your fabric sachets do look very sassy with the green ribbon tied around them! very nice! Is that a knitted wash cloth in the back of the basket? I'm sure your frind will be ga-ga over the gift!

Cristina said...

Shoot...I better start unraveling that ponytail hat I started making you for your birthday....