Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Do you watch SNL? Neither do we. But perhaps you've seen, or at least heard about the Chronic or Narnia rap video performed by Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell


http://www.chronicofnarnia.com/

After happening upon the video, BT was inspired to get a t-shirt with the soon-to-be-overused expression "Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious"



I made some Magnolia Bakery cupcakes to show support of my cyber geek



The recipe I used was from a 1999 issue of Glamour, but there is also a Magnolia Bakery cookbook if you want to make the best cupcakes in the known universe. I know - West Coast - I'm supposed to be a Sprinkles girl.

4 comments:

telfair said...

You know, while we were home in the US for Christmas, we actually caught this SNL, which is even more coincidental because we don't usually watch it (and don't get it at all in Australia.) Loved the themed post & I'm definitely going to check out that Magnolia cupcake recipe.

my house is cuter than yours said...

We miss watching SNL so much..we usually fall asleep. I love this post though with everything tieing in together..very fun! and tell me about that cake stand..is that decorative punched paper along the rim or what? It is lovely!

Jennifer said...

Yes, my generic MS cake stand is dressed up with a punched paper trim I added to make the cupcakes look extra special. Thanks for noticing!

Barb said...

You should submit that tee to Threadless.