Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Crafty from the start

I was looking for another old picture to use as inspiration for a project I am working on, but instead I ran across this



I love all the toys in the background (whatever happened to all the stuff?) But even more so, I love that I am working on something ( a collage, perhaps?) that involves scissors that look too sharp for a 4-year-old to be wielding (apparently the Donald Duck kid scissors, also shown in the foreground, did not do the trick), and Elmer's glue with a brush applicator (was my mom insane?) The baby on the right-hand side of the table has two bottles, in case she woke up hungry while mommy was crafting. I could write a post entirely about that basket - it was my equivalent of a security blanket at that age. I did not go anywhere without it. Anyway, just a happy little memory to share...

2 comments:

BT said...

..and cute from the start to boot ;)

Gina said...

What a wonderful photo! You look so cute and crafty.