Pages

Friday, December 02, 2005

Rummage Sale Findings

Following Mary's lead, I went to check out a rummage sale at a local church on my way to work this morning. I'm not sure how early people started arriving at this particular sale, i.e. not sure if people got there at 12:30 am : ), but I heard some women conversing that they were surprised at how few people had shown up. Anyway, I nabbed a few keepers:



I saw this as soon as I walked in the door, and actually squealed out loud (receiving sidelong glances from the silent rummagers looking at other books for sale). It was 50 cents, and well worth every penny.

A couple of sparklies



for 25 cents each, and a great knitting basket



for $2*. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more rummage sales in the future!

* Please excuse the mess in the background of this picture. That will be addressed this weekend.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I am loving that knitting tote!!!!!! I go to thrift stores all the time and find some of the most amazing vintage craft books. I am always on the lookout.

Dak-Ind said...

i love the knitting bag, i have one in the same exact style, but with bluer fabric! thats awesome.

my house is cuter than yours said...

Not bad! The knitting tote is very cool!

my house is cuter than yours said...

And I love the little bird!

jenny said...

backtracking from your comment on my blog blempgorf - did a double-take when I saw your comment as I am a Jennifer W as well. nice find with the crewel book. I picked up a stack of Ondori cross-stitch and embroidery books on ebay for a buck or two - love the vintage designs.