Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Magneat-o

Getting organized - another New Year's resolution. Easily done, courtesy of my new magnetic spice rack turned doodad arranger.



I was so touched by how thoughtful the gifts I received this year were. This was a present from my mother-in-law, and though I would have been happy to receive it as just a magnetic spice rack, she was quick to point out that its intended usage was for my crafty cupboard (remember that old project? On hold, but not forgotten). My MIL is the diva of decorating, so I should not have expected any less. This photo was staged to look like the cover of Real Simple Solutions, but actually I think most of the items will stay where they are.

Today I received an article from a friend describing the new "craft revival," and highlighting several crafters that have made a name for themselves on the web. It was very good reading. The article was from the November 6, 2005, Los Angeles Times Magazine. It has been archived, so you'd have to pay to read the whole thing. But, fortunately, someone already took the time to blog about the article, so you can get the skinny here. Like I always say - you gotta love the internet!

1 comment:

my house is cuter than yours said...

What a lovely gift! And very nice photo...silver metal+black and white doodads+lime green wall=the front cover of Real Simple for sure! ha ha! And thanks for letting us know about that 'crafty persons on the move article'...very interesting!