Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2005

If you ever need to find me, I'll be at Hammond's

The candy treats are finished! This year I made chocolate dipped pretzels (x10) and fudge (X4).



I am kind of a self-proclaimed candy guru. Since we have two bakers in our group (one who sells her cookies, and one that should), I needed to find my niche when it came to making Christmas goodies. So, I started making candy. It came more naturally then I imagined - perhaps some divine intervention in effect. I can read the candy stages pretty easily, and find a thermometer usually hinders my work (it falls in the pan = catastrophe). Candy is messy, temperamental, and dangerous (very hot) - I guess you like to work with things you have something in common with. : )

If life ever gets too complicated, and I just feel like slowing down, I'm going to go work at Hammond's. They still make all of their candy by hand, and it is amazing. BT can come along, of course - Denver would probably be a pretty cool place to live. So, if I don't post for awhile and stop answering my emails, you know where to find me.

No comments: