Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Craft #2: Done

My second Christmas craft project is complete, and distributed to its recipient



It was a Secret Santa gift for BBGE (Best Book Group Ever). The recipient, Sandra, indicated during the Secret Santa name exchange that she liked items associated with dogs, and Christmas. I also always think of her as a wine connoisseur. So, her gift was a combo of the two - a handmade Scottie dog ornament, appetizer dish, chocolate sauce and Scottish Shortbread, and a bottle of wine with two glasses, including these wine charms



The charms are Shrinky Dinks - I just used Microsoft clip art for the designs. Although the gift overall was simple, it took awhile to compile all of the components and keep with the red and black theme (and keep under the $15 spending limit!)

My Secret Santa (Carol) gave me a beautiful set of Anna Griffin stamps (yeah!). The book for the January BBGE meeting is On Beauty, by Zadie Smith. Hopefully I will have other books to include on my gotta read list for January, but right now I am still wrapped up in the chaos of Christmas!

2 comments:

my house is cuter than yours said...

That gift basket and everything you put and made for it so does not look $15! it looks way more expensive and very classy!

Maggs said...

One Stop Christmas Shop!
Enduring Collections Fifteen Departments of Fine Gifts and Merchandise. Something for everyone.